Republic Day is nearly right here and identical to yearly, the nation is gearing as much as show its army would possibly, which might be showcased as a part of the annual parade. There might be sure new additions to the parade however this yr’s celebrations might be completely different from these in earlier years as a result of ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Here’s an inventory of what’s going to be new and what might be lacking from this yr’s R-Day parade:
1. The Rafale fighter jets, bought from France and inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) in September final yr, will take part within the parade for the primary time. The air power has to this point inducted 11 of the 36 Rafale jets ordered from France.
2. The parade can even witness its first participation by a lady fighter pilot. Flight lieutenant Bhawana Kanth, one among India’s first girls fighter pilots, might be part of the IAF’s tableau that can showcase mock-ups of the sunshine fight plane (LCA), mild fight helicopter (LCH) and the Sukhoi-30 fighters.
3. A contingent of the Bangladesh Armed Forces, comprising 122 troopers, will take part within the parade. France (2016) and the UAE (2017) are the primary two overseas nations to have participated within the R-Day march.
4. Uttar Pradesh’s tableau will function a duplicate of the Ram Temple, which is at present underneath building within the temple city of Ayodhya. The Supreme Court had in November 2019 ended the decades-long land dispute case, paving the best way for the development of the temple.
1. This would be the first R-Day parade with no chief visitor in additional than 5 a long time with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson not coming to India. Johnson, who had initially accepted India’s invitation, needed to cancel his go to as a result of fast rise of Covid-19 circumstances within the United Kingdom. India didn’t have a chief visitor for the parade in 1952, 1953 and 1966 earlier than this.
2. The variety of spectators has been diminished to 25,000 from 150,000 allowed final yr. The variety of media individuals, too, has been reduce from 300 to 200.
3. The parade, in contrast to earlier years, will go solely until the National Stadium on the C-Hexagon of India Gate. Only the tableaux will go to the Red Fort.
4. The occasions which were cancelled altogether embody the veterans’ parade by ex-servicemen and girls, in addition to motorbike stunts by troops of the military and the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) personnel.
5. No kids beneath the age of 15 might be allowed on the India Gate lawns. Also, there might be no enclosure for schoolchildren this yr.
Follow us on Google News