A hearth broke out within the energy coach of an air-conditioned (AC) native prepare in Mumbai on Thursday night time. The incident occurred at 1.40 am in Mahalaxmi railway car-shed. No passenger or railway workers suffered any accidents, stated officers.
The railway authorities and fireplace brigade doused the fireplace by 3.10 am on Friday morning.
“The control wiring of the shunting desk and the electronic cabinet got burnt in the fire. There was no damage in any passenger area,” stated a senior railway official.
Short circuit is suspected to be the rationale in accordance with railway officers. The Western Railway has ordered an investigation. It added that the incident may have no repercussions on the native prepare companies.
“The reason for the fire will be investigated. There will be no repercussions on AC train services.” stated Sumit Thakur, chief public relation officer, Western Railway
Follow us on Google News